- Patent troll with an “Internet Drink Mixer” and a nonexistent office could be in trouble (Ars Technica) Yet another case for fixing the broken IP system.
- Rahm Emanuel’s College Proposal Is Everything Wrong With Democratic Education Policy (Current Affairs) Rahm and Arne Duncan's (he was an early support) thinking is that students are too stupid to manage their own lives.
- A Cat Actually Co-Authored A Physics Paper. Seriously - F.D.C. Willard (Sarcasm Society) F.D.C. Willard = "Felix Domesticus Chester Willard". The author used a royal we, and then discovered that he would have to retype the entire article (it was 1975) or add an author.
- Neoliberalism is creating loneliness. That’s what’s wrenching society apart (The Guardian) Money quote from George Monbiot, "Though our wellbeing is inextricably linked to the lives of others, everywhere we are told that we will prosper through competitive self-interest and extreme individualism," or, as Margaret Thatcher (Y. S.) (יש"ו) said, "There is no such thing as society."
- Its location a mystery for centuries, huge Indian city may have been found in Kansas (Kansas City Star) Get your archeology geek on.
- I went 200 days without buying anything new and learned how toxic our need for possessions is (Quartz) A bit overwrought, but an interesting read.
- Original Frank Lloyd Wright Minnesota House For Sale (Simplemost) There is a realtor video at the link. I could never live there, I would be terrified of desecrating an architectural gem.
GWAR Covers Kansas' Carry On My Wayward Don. A Hardcore-Metal cover is different, but in a good way:
Song starts at about 1:25
Apologies to Karen Williams.