25 January 2014

My Thoughts on This Year's Superbowl

Normally, I do not watch the Superbowl for the Football.

When my team, Washington is playing, I do not watch.

The least time I did was Super Bowl XXII.  I watched the first quarter, and Denver was leading 10-0, so when some friends came by suggesting dinner, I turned off the TV, and we left the hotel, (I was at a Boskone) and went put to eat.

I returned an the start of the third quarter, and the Redskins had scored 35 unanswered points.

I then realized that Washington had lost whenever I watched, and won when I hadn't, so I do not watch them in that game.

You can call me superstitious, just don't call me late for dinner.

So these days, I watch out for the ads, if I watch at all.  (I saw Apple's 1984 ad when our originally aired.)

However, there are some exceptions to this.

If the Buffalo Bills play the Minnesota Vikings, I'll watch.

Another exception is if the Superbowl is played outside in inclement winter weather, as the Football gods intended.

This year, the game will be played at the stadium formerly known as The Meadowlands, in North Jersey, so there is a distinct possibility of real Football played in real Football weather.

So if the mercury is below -10°C, our of there is some serious snow, I well be watching.

Posted via mobile.

0 comments :

Post a Comment