20 January 2011

My Bad……

I've had a busy month, just look at my posting volume, so I missed the first two bank failure Fridays.

There were two bank failures on the 7th, and one on the 14th, and there have been no credit union failures this far

And here they are, ordered, and numbered for the year so far.
  1. First Commercial Bank of Florida, Orlando, FL
  2. Legacy Bank, Scottsdale, AZ
  3. Oglethorpe Bank, Brunswick, GA
Full FDIC list

So, here is the my new, improved graph pr0n with trendline (FDIC only).

I've dropped the trend line, and replaced it with two line graphs, for 2010 & 2011, so we can see how they compare.



And since it's early in the year, here is a detail of the first few weeks:



Note that we are seeing a calendar artifact here. The first Friday of 2011 was January 1, when the banks were all closed, and the FDIC would not be closing anyone, while the first Friday of 2011 was the 7th, and so very much a business day for the FDIC.

We should see a better comparison of activity by early February, when trends become more visible.

0 comments :

Post a Comment