19 September 2010

Barack Obama, Go Cheney Yourself

So while talking at a $30,000 a plate fundraiser in Connecticut, he joked that the Democratic Party base is a bunch of whiny bitches:
Democrats, just congenitally, tend to get -- to see the glass as half empty. (Laughter.) If we get an historic health care bill passed -- oh, well, the public option wasn't there. If you get the financial reform bill passed -- then, well, I don't know about this particular derivatives rule, I'm not sure that I'm satisfied with that. And gosh, we haven't yet brought about world peace and -- (laughter.) I thought that was going to happen quicker. (Laughter.) You know who you are. (Laughter.) We have had the most productive, progressive legislative session in at least a generation.
Well, Glenn Greenwald (at link) nails it when he makes it clear that Obama has failed big time in many ways he has not just fallen short, but embraced failure he condemned as a candidates, whether on state secrets, the rule of law on terrorism suspects, the surveillance state, using HAMP as bunco scheme to cheat desperate home owners, state sanctioned assassinations, gay marriage, DADT, or any move at all in support of organized labor.

All this is going on, and there is not even a moment of regret about what might have been. It's like trying to appeal to the conscience of a house cat.

I am so ready to work my butt off for anyone who is willing to run against him in 2012.

2 comments :

Sortition said...

> I am so ready to work my butt off for anyone who is willing to run against him in 2012.

Officially radicalized. Keep it up.

Matthew G. Saroff said...

Not radicalized, just pissed off.

I lack the emotional depth to be radicalized.

Post a Comment