04 June 2010

People Who Piss Me Off

Got a telemarketer calling on a pre-recorded message, with no caller ID, saying "Press 1" for an operator to refinance my house.

I talked to this guy, who refused to tell me the name of the company and contact information, but said that the loan officer could once I gave him information.

Eventually, I threw out bogus numbers, got to the loan officer, asked him questions, explaining that giving him financial information to someone required that.

While I was doing this, I was filling out the FTC's complaint form, and when I got his phone and url, I had all I needed.

I confirmed that we had no prior business relationship, and he said that my number might have expired from the FTC's Do Not Call List, which, was a lie, since the number never expire.

Here's hoping that the rat bastard gets cited and fined.

0 comments :

Post a Comment