26 April 2010

I Hate Doxycycline

Even after getting corrected instructions from the Pharmacists, this medication sucks.

I'm not sure why, but I've felt generally achy lately, been sleeping awfully, I've felt fuzzy and unfocused, I've been throwing up a lot,* and the first joint of my left big toe is painful, hot, and swollen, so I'm hobbling around.

After some Googling, I determined that these are not that uncommon side effects, and I thank my stars that I am not taking this sh%$ for some chronic condition like acne.

Thankfully, I have only one pill left to take tonight, and then I am done.

Thank God.

*Yes, that incident in the Barns & Noble was so much fun, luckily I basically made it to the bathroom before losing my strawberry smoothie.
None escaped my mouth.

2 comments :

Peppypopper said...

What's with the antibiotic side effects these days?  After finishing a 5-day course of a generic version of Cipro, it ended up causing tendonitis in six locations around my body from top to bottom.  Of course, you don't know about these things until after you buy it and have left the doc's office.  Ever try to return a medication because the side effects list is too long and intimidating?

Matthew G. Saroff said...

Actually, the gout came from sterilization of my digestive tract.

Pretty much every antibiotic causes it.

Post a Comment