30 October 2007

Looking for a Laser Printer, Suggestions Folks?

To be accurate, I'm looking for a printer that fuses toner on paper, so LED, etc would be OK, I just don't want to get gigged on ink.

My requirements:
  • It should handle B-Sized, which I use for the real (dead tree) version of 40 Years in the Desert.
  • It should do color well (pics of family go in)
  • It should have a print mechanism amenable to home refilling. I have a Panasonic printer where I can crack open the spent toner box, and empty it, and get 5-10x the life out of it.
Nice to haves:
  • Postscript (I convert my stuff to PDFs using Ghostscript to put them on line, and at some point, I may want to offset print again).
  • 2 Sided printing (not so important, I can always flip the paper).
  • Can handle card stock (business cards, etc.)
Probably the hardest thing to figure out is how hard various models are to refill.

0 comments :

Post a Comment